Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Night of the Final Day

So here we are at the end of it all. It's taken us a year to beat this game, but tonight we will attempt it! Even though we didn't get all of the heart pieces or find all of the broken fairies... I'm the type of player who is into that, but Joel isn't. Also, we bought the new Zelda so we need to finish this one so we can get into Skyward Sword.

I was going to write a blog a while back when we FINALLY earned the Couple's Mask. It was going to be really interesting too! But I never wrote it because I was too tired and then I was grumpy. We did get it after many, many attempts though. Maybe someday I'll write about it.

It is the final night. The moon is about to crush us all as Skull Kid screams. But we play the Oath to Order and the four Giants come. It stopped. The Skull Kid was lonely, so Majora's Mask exploited him in his weakness. Lesson learned: Be friends with people, because if you don't they might end up bringing down the moon to crush you.

After all our hard work, we go inside the the moon and you know what Joel does? He gives away our masks to little kids. HE JUST GIVES THEM AWAY. And then plays hide-and-seek.

"What is... the right thing?

I wonder...
If you do the right thing...
Does it really make...
everybody...happy?"


"Your true face...
What kind of face is it?

I wonder...
The face under the mask...
Is that...your true face?"


"Your friends...
What kind of...people are they?

I wonder...
Do those people...
think of you...as a friend?"

"You...
What makes you...happy?

I wonder...
What makes you happy...
Does it make...others happy, too?"


Who exactly is Majora? And why did they make such a scary mask that could possess people? It's not necessarily a creepy mask, I think it looks kinda cool, but it does some really creepy things. Like growing legs and arms that are kind of like whips that choke us. We used the Fierce Deity mask that the Majora child gave us and saved the day though. The moon turned into a rainbow and the people who were fleeing rejoiced instead.

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow."

"However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time... That is up to you."

3 comments:

  1. :'( the end. Very poignantly chosen quotes there, Emi! You could totally write a compelling Majora's Mask essay exploring the question of self and existential loneliness.

    I used to be way into collecting everything, too, but I've gotten less and less so over the years. You should write about your Couple's Mask experience because it's my favorite! raaawr!

    You should continue this blog with Skyward Sword.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I was not nearly as committed to this game as you guys when I played it. I actually got really frustrated and didn't ever beat the final boss inside the moon...The only question I have though is: Do you find Navi at the end? Because wasn't that the whole reason link went into the forest where he met the Skull Kid with Majora's Mask? If not I'm not too sad that I didn't beat it haha. Skyward Sword is pretty great so far. Just so you know. I can't wait for school to be done (today!!!) so that I can finally beat it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zac, in the beginning you're looking for "a friend." Not necessarily Navi; I actually think it's Saria. But no the ending screen is a drawing on a tree trunk from the Skull Kid.

    ReplyDelete